When can I start?

We accept applications for the beginning of terms 1 , 2 or 3 each year.

For the 2020 year:-

Term One Monday 3 February to Thursday 9 April
Term One Holidays Friday 10 April to Monday 27 April
Term Two Tuesday 28 April to Friday 3 July
Term Two Holidays Saturday 4 July to Sunday 19 July
Term Three Monday 20 July to Friday 25 September
Term Three Holidays Saturday 26 September to Sunday 11 October
Term Four Monday 12 October to Friday 27 November (Year 11-13 students)

Monday 12 October to Wednesday 8 December (Year 7-10 students)

What subjects can I study?

Your subject options are the same as the New Zealand students. You will attend the same classes as they do. See the academic section for more information. The one exception is English where you will study in a special ESOL class with other international students.

Is there a uniform code?

Yes. International students are expected to comply with the same uniform code as other students.

Do I need Insurance?

Every student must have appropriate current medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand. Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full costs of that treatment. Full details on entitlements to publicly funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health and can be viewed on their website at http://www.health.govt.nz
The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealanders, residents and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website at http://www.acc.co.nz

We recommend that you insure through us. The approximate cost is $NZ560 per year. Insurance is with Uni-care, an insurance company that specializes in insuring international students. They provide full medical and travel insurance. The premium is paid when you pay your tuition fees and starts from the time you leave home. It finishes when you return home. The Uni-care website is at http://www.uni-care.org